It was a truly collaborative effort to create this book. We each bring something valuable to the work from our different backgrounds, and we hope you enjoy the results!
the author: mike ang
Mike is a part-time author and perennial life explorer. His curiosity and creative energy has led to a diversified career in management, music, and international commerce. Love, Daddy is his first children's book, and his greatest hope is that it genuinely touches those reading it and resonates with the parent/child in all of us. Originally from the Philippines and raised in San Francisco, Mike now lives in the New York area with his wife, daughter, and two Abyssinian kitties.
THE illustrator: katherine killeffer
Katherine is an art director and illustrator based in NYC. She has worked in the varied worlds of advertising, stationery and fashion, but she most enjoys drawing wild and crazy characters in her sketchbook. Love, Daddy is Katherine's first children's book illustration project, and she can't wait to draw another! See more of Katherine's work on her portfolio site, or follow her on instagram!
- Favorite books as a child? Angelina Ballerina, Miss Rumphius, Oh, The Places You'll Go, and everything by Eric Carle - basically anything with an awesome lady or beautiful drawings!
- Fave Love, Daddy scene? The fabulous panda wedding!
- Best thing about panda bears? They're super cuddly and roly poly, I like that they have big bellies and lots of fur!
THE creative director: brian sisco
Brian is a creative director type with his heart in print and digital design as well as weaving, painting and skiing. As soon as he could hold a pencil, Brian was drawing house designs and fantasy landscapes which he learned in later years to be called monumental land art, Gardening and designing environments makes him smile. His love of children’s books from earlier times where publisher’s limited colors and designer/illustrators had to be clever to deliver mind-bending antics on the page…even great for parents doing most of the reading!
- Favorite book as a child? Grimms Fairytales
- Fave Love, Daddy scene? Graduation Day
- Best thing about Pandas? the black and white shapes keep on shifting…so simple and strong…